Mowing your lawn is a task that many people face regularly. What’s the best time of year to mow your lawn? How often should you mow it? Do you need to trim or edge first? These are all important questions asked when it comes to lawn mowing in Lane Cove.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits of regular lawn mowing when it comes to achieving the best-looking lawn possible.
Benefits of regular lawn mowing
It’s important to keep your grass healthy and green. It can also help reduce the risk of invasive weeds, which are hard to kill without professional help.
Regular lawn mowing can also help to control the height of your grass and make it denser, giving you better results when you cut the grass.
In addition, regular lawn mowing will result in less water usage because there are no clippings left on the ground for long periods.
Maintaining a healthy, green lawn is just as important during the winter months as it is in the summer. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of regular lawn mowing for your property this time of year.
- Mowing can help to reduce weeds by removing excess grass and leaves that would otherwise provide food and shelter for weed seeds.
- Mowing can also help to prevent ice from forming on top of your grass which could lead to expensive damage due to lawnmowers.
- If you are looking after your property then mowing will allow you more freedom when it comes to taking care of other tasks such as gardening or washing windows
- If you are a tenant then mowing can help to keep your landlord happy.
- It keeps weeds and fungus from growing.
- It’ll keep your backyard beautiful and looking as good as possible.
How often should you mow your lawn?
Your lawn can be cut at any time, but it’s important to look for these signs so that you know when to do the job:
- If leaves are dying, browning, or falling off trees then they may have been killed by too much shade cast by long grass and trimmed early.
- If there is no green on your lawn anymore (in other words if everything turns brown) then it needs to be cut before winter sets in because this will allow new growth during warmer months and give you more time next year as well. This also means less rain runoff carrying away topsoil from bare ground. It helps keep roots healthy, prevents disease, and can help with your lawn’s overall health.
- If the area under a tree is starting to look like a meadow then it needs trimming. It may be time for that annual clean-up, too. Lawns planted near trees will need more attention during their growth cycle than those in full sun because they are at risk of being shaded out by the taller grasses.
If you need lawn mowing in Lane Cove then talk to us
GreenEdge Turf and Garden Care are the professionals in lawn care. We offer a range of services including lawn mowing and weed control for those who want to enjoy their garden all year round.
We’ll do anything from basic gardening tasks like weeding and pruning to more complex jobs such as low maintenance turf management which includes seeding, aeration, and fertilising your lawn. We’ll make it easy for you to take care of your garden with just one call.